[VKDefault] Style Z is requested for an invisible rect

Dear all,

I am building an iOS app using MapKit with SwiftUI, XCode 12.0 and an iPhone 11 with iOS 14 for development.

Since I updated XCode to 12.0, I began to see the following warning printed repeatedly on the xcode console.

Code Block language
2020-09-23 15:45:16.171240+0900 projectName[835:37406] [VKDefault] Style Z is requested for an invisible rect

This is annoying because it completely floods the console with these messages, "hiding" my own logs.

I could not find any reasonable explanation for this warning on the internet. I could, however, prevent the messages from appearing on the screen by following this response: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46332856/apple-maps-raster-overlays-above-labels-failed-to-decode

Does anybody have a hint on how to solve this issue without disabling the environmental variable
Code Block
"OS_ACTIVITY_MODE"
?

Kind regards
Same here with using MapKit, Swift 5, Xcode Version 12.0 (12A7209), iPhone 11 Pro running iOS14.
It became so hectic to extract information from the console.
me also have this message and it prevent my application from getting the functionality that i'm building it for
i'm using MapKit, Swift 5, Xcode version 12.0, iPhone 8 running iOS14.0.1
Same result on ios14.2 beta 2

looking for a way to hide for now
Also have this issue; Xcode Version 12.0.1 (12A7300); iPhone XS, IOS14.0.1

I too was having this problem every time I changed locations using Mapkit.

I found that I only get the issues when I run my app on a simulator and not a live device.

Hope this helps. :)
Same here when using

Code Block
             self.mapView.setVisibleMapRect(rect, edgePadding: insets, animated: true)

I am also facing the same issue. Did anyone found a solution for this ?

If this is impacting your development by making it hard to read your own console logs, please let the MapKit team know through Feedback Assistant, and please post your FB numbers here.
Even the Apple Maps App is flooding the console log
Same here. Filed as FB8915855.
I have a textField (for doing searches in map) placed on top of a MapView using ZStack. When I type on the textField in XCode 11 on Simulator, there was no problem. Everything worked. Then in XCode 12, the app started crashing the minute I tapped on 'Enter' on the keyboard and the keyboard went away. Aside from the error you mentioned, I also get: "[LayoutConstraints] Unable to simultaneously satisfy constraints."
Have it also for macOS app using SwiftUI when just "looking around" through the map shown in the window.
Still there for me using MapKit, Swift 5, Xcode 12.3. (12C33).
Same issue: Xcode 12.3 (12C33), iPhone 11 iOS14
I am still seeing these messages with Xcode 12.4 (IOS 14.4) running as iPhone 12 in the simulator.
Seeing this in Xcode 12.4/iOS 14.4. Very annoying 😡🤬
Setting OS_ACTIVITY_MODE = disable seems to do the trick for me as show here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37800790/hide-strange-unwanted-xcode-logs
Same here. Annoying.

Hi All,

I posted an elegant answer that can help you overcome this problem, please have a look, the solution is simple to implement, please have a look at the link and locate my answer (From: Heider) below:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37800790/hide-strange-unwanted-xcode-logs/67835956#67835956

I hope this helps

Good luck, let me know if it resolves your problem.

Cheers Heider

[VKDefault] Style Z is requested for an invisible rect

Q