Is anyone serious on here?

These forums are really bordering on un-usable.
I'm not trying to give the team who built them a hrad time - but we are developers, these are developer forums, and we're trying to help each other.

But simple things like not being able to embed an image are essential for peer to peer developer forums.

Can someone at apple please state what the thinking is?
I would much rather post here than in StackOverflow - but there doesn't seem to be any real valuable developers left here now.

I'd have thought that Apple would want to encourage their developers to meet here, as they (Apple) could learn so much about what is going on in the developer community without having to scrape it from other third party sites.

I'm at a loss as to how we are supposed to help each other when you can't post links, embed images or even reply to a reply.

Replies

I can't even reply to a specific response in a thread, I can only reply to the main topic. These forums don't seem more like the feedback box at the Applebees restaurant - one way communication, and questionable whether corporate is reading it.
I do encourage to file bug reports (I did it several months ago, no feedback though).

But this forum is even worse than the previous version (before June). And no improvement at all since then.

And opened a thread, hoping some in the forum development team would notice one day (if ever they use the forum 🙂)
https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/652207