Can apps refresh the "selected photos" with iOS 14's new photos permission?

Hi, recently while using Twitter, I chose to grant access only to selected photos. I selected one photo that I wanted to share. Later I wanted to share another photo. I was taken to a UI for selecting photos which showed just one photo—the one I had selected before. There was no way to change the selected photos. Only by navigating into the iOS Settings > Privacy > Photos > Twitter do I get an option for "Edit Selected Photos". That is a very burdensome way to grant an app access to additional photos.

Is this situation a limitation of the new photos SDK, or is Twitter not written to correctly re-request access to selected photos? Thanks.

Replies

Hi! I think this is what you are looking for:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/photokit/delivering_a_great_privacy_experience_in_your_photos_app?language=objc

Present the Limited-Library Selection Interface

By default, the system automatically prompts the user to update their limited library selection once per app life cycle. This automatic presentation isn’t the preferred user experience for most apps. Instead, apps should suppress the automatic prompt and present it programmatically.
/.../
PHPhotoLibrary.shared().presentLimited aryPicker(from: viewController)