Xcode 12 GM seed uses 100% CPU

Just downloaded the new "Xcode 12 GM seed" released Sept 15, and it constantly uses 100% of my CPU. I didn't have this problem with Xcode 12 beta 6. I'm on a MacBook Pro 2018, macOS 10.15.6.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
How much ram in your MB?

Did you restart and try again?
I might be having the same problem. Ever since installing the Xcode 12 GM, I have two processes, "***" and "pkd" which are eating up 80% CPU each. The computer is completely unresponsive, and frequent beach balls. Numerous apps are Not Responding and need to be forced killed. Even after rebooting, it resumes.

Near top-of-the-line 2019 MacBook Pro 16", i9, 32 GB of RAM running Catalina 10.15.6.

My Console was filled with messages like this:
Code Block
error 09:32:52.330888-0600 pkd Failed to create LSPlugInKitProxy object (after sorting) for <private> (853216)

The only way I was able to resolve it was to rm -rf /Applications/Xcode.app and reboot, and even then I had to reset the SMC.

I tried re-installing Xcode 12 GM last night and it went back to the same thing. I'm going to try again this morning but I'm pretty nervous.

Are you seeing those same two processes @gtrichar?

Ever since installing the Xcode 12 GM

Wonder if 12's sails are more trimmed when running under a release version of BigSur...
@devinthecold: No, for me the process taking 100-160% CPU is Xcode, for the entire time it's open, even when I'm not touching it. If I switch back to Beta 6, Xcode uses 0% when idle. I can switch back and forth between them and see the same behavior consistently.

@KMT: 32 GB ram. 2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9. I have tried rebooting and the behavior didn't change.
Haha, the forums filtered out one of my process names. It's the same as the psychedelic drug, and apparently short for LaunchServicesDaemon.

32 GB ram. 2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9.

Good info, thanks.

As a data point, running Xcode 12 GM on a soon-to-be-obsoleted late 2012 mac mini w/16 GB ram, it consumed shockingly little CPU, single digits, and less than 300mb ram when handling a simple hello world project to an iPhone 8. I then built a legacy mid-sized project, and while the machine load remained low, it took it's time walking thru/indexing 125 tasks, finally completing with no other drama.

The mini remained responsive as well. Definetly a contrast over previous versions. Quite the surprise, actually.

Doesn't help you of course, but hopefully whatever is going on comes down to bugs that can be squashed soon.

Good luck.
I had the same problem but it went away after a while. I assume it finished some background work after installation.
I am using XCode 12 Release.
When I am editing storyboard, each every action, I have to wait few seconds(XCode uses cpu 100%)
I have exactly the same issue, to the point every keystroke I press request up to 2 seconds to be taken into account. The simulator seems also to wait for XCode availability to process, so it is nearly impossible to run and debug our apps.
Xcode 12 GM seed uses 100% CPU

Q