Best practice for donating less-than-relevant Siri Interactions?

Hi Everyone,

I've a question about how to best donate less-than-relevant interactions.

For my app, there are a bunch of "counters" within "folders" like this:

Code Block text
Folder A
- Counter 1
- Counter 2
Folder B
- Counter 3
- Counter 4
- Counter 5

Whenever the user increments a Counter, I donate an interaction of "Increment Counter". Whenever the user views a Folder, I donate an "Open Folder" interaction.

My question is: "Open Folder" is less relevant for users, but is performed much more frequently than "Increment Counter", and will have much more donations. How can I best donate the interactions to tell Siri that "Increment Counter" is more relevant, and that Siri should suggest this interaction more?

I'm now stuck with a lot of "Open Folder" suggestions from Siri, but I am not entirely willing to remove this interaction donation altogether.

Thanks.

Replies

There isn't anything for you to configure. Consider if the Open Folder interaction as a shortcut is helpful to users — the goal of a shortcut is to make common tasks faster. Your description makes it sound like that opening a folder isn't the goal of the task, it's a step along the way to incrementing a specific counter, which is the actual goal.

Is there any other functionality related to opening the folder that your donation accelerates access to in the user experience beyond the counter access? If so, maybe provide donations for that functionality (like you have for the counter) instead of the folder. If not, then providing only the counter donations might be more helpful, because that's the goal of the interaction you'd like to accelerate with a shortcut.