Can't Deploy iOS app to macOS

I've made an app for iOS 14 for iPhone and iPad. When I try to build for macOS as well by checking on the magic Mac box, I get this:

Code Block
The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -10670.)
Domain: NSOSStatusErrorDomain
Code: -10670
User Info: {
    "_LSFunction" = "_LSOpenStuffCallLocal";
    "_LSLine" = 3664;
}
--
System Information
macOS Version 11.0 (Build 20A5364e)
Xcode 12.0 (17210.1)

I'm running the latest version of macOS and Xcode beta, I've cleaned the project, I've Googled -- I can't even *find* this particular error number -- and that's exhausted my problem-solving skills.

I *had* opened the project up in Xcode (non-beta), because I was going to build it for The App Store, maybe that did something?

Anyways, any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Reply

Same thing here. Also tried brand new project and got the same error.

UPDATE:

Looks like it's a known issue. Found another thread about this: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/659283

Replies

I *had* opened the project up in Xcode (non-beta), because I was going to build it for The App Store, maybe that did something? 

Could well be.

Using Xcode 11.7, create a new sample project w/appropriate template, targeting iOS 13.x, then walk thru the process to make-it-a-mac app and see how far you get.
Thanks for your reply, KMT, that inspired me -- I created a new project in Xcode 12 beta, and got the same error, so it's not just my current app.

It must be something on my end, otherwise I'm sure more people would have run into this, but I filed feedback anyways: it shouldn't happen on any system.
Update: reinstalled Xcode beta, that didn't help either. And, for once, I actually read the release notes, and did not see this mentioned.
Same thing here. Also tried brand new project and got the same error.

UPDATE:

Looks like it's a known issue. Found another thread about this: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/659283
samething here. I created a brand new project with Xcode 12 and Mac OS 11.0 Beta facing the same issue.
Thanks, thegathering - I bow to your superior Googling skills 😀
I checked my app for catalyst runs well in macOS Big Sur 11 beta 7(20A5374g)!