I can't see Developer ID Installer option

I was reading a tutorial for obtaining an Apple Developer ID Installer certificate in order to distribute my .pkg outside the Mac App Store. However in the Certifcates/add page I'm am unable to see the required certificate (Developer ID Installer). Do I need to get some extra permissions to view this option or was it removed/moved to somewhere else?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of JerryPH Down vote post of JerryPH
4.7k views

Replies

I have exactly the same problem. Do you have any news on how to solve this problem?
Are you the Account Holder? If not, you won’t be able to create Developer ID signing identities per the table in Apple Developer Program Roles.

ps This is because Developer ID signing identities are precious, as discussed in this thread.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
  •  Developer ID Installer option is no more available

Add a Comment

Developer ID Installer option is no more available

Yeah it is (I just checked on my individual account). If you’re not seeing it then the most likely problem is that you’re not the Account Holder, per my previous post.

Share and Enjoy

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

This situation is insane. The Account Holder for our company is the CEO - he doesn't even know what a certificate is let alone the information needed to generate one or a CSR. Surely the Account Holder should be able to delegate this authority to a trusted executive such as the CTO or development team lead. It also doesn't help that he is in another timezone - 8 hours from my own.

Solved this by having the account holder login. It seems pretty buggy that Developer ID Application was visible but disabled since I wasn't the account holder, while Developer ID Installer was completely invisible

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of mwk Down vote reply of mwk

It seems pretty buggy that Developer ID Application was visible but disabled since I wasn't the account holder, while Developer ID Installer was completely invisible

That is a bit weird. Please file a bug against the Developer website about that, making sure to include your Team ID and a screen shot of what you see from your non-Account Holder perspective.

Once you’re done post your bug number here, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"