`reloadAllTimelines` requests are ignored from Siri Shortcut

My app is trying to make a reloadAllTimelines request after the user adds a piece of information to the Core Data database using Siri (through a shortcut). Unfortunately, if the user submits a few of these in a row, my widget's data will become stale as only the first few refreshes are processed and the rest seemed to be dropped (only allowing updating again after five or so minutes).

I also call reloadAllTimelines when the user exits the app, and those requests are never dropped. It seems like, since the app is in the foreground, it's more privileged in these requests.

I'm wondering: if a user explicitly chose to run my code via a Siri shortcut, why do I not get a "free" refresh of the widget?

I totally get not letting developers spam refresh in the background, but if the user is making the chose to run a snippet of the app, it feels bad that the widget is going to look stale to them :\
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Soysauce44 Down vote post of Soysauce44

Replies

Thanks for this feedback. If you haven't already, would you be able to file a feedback report for this issue so we can track it? If you could share that feedback number here, I will be able to locate it easier. Thanks!
FB8516608
This still seems to be broken in iOS 14.2.1. It might be an issue extensions in general as a request to reload the timeline from a Notification Content Extension doesn't seem to work either.