Copy bundle resources: copies even when unchanged

I have a static .db file which I've included in the Copy Bundle Resources of the Build Phases tab.

This is a quiet large file and whenever I run the project, the file is copied to the Watch, even though it hasn't changed. Any way to influence this? Currently this makes it impossible to iterate because the copying takes several minutes...

Thanks!
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of nicolas223 Down vote post of nicolas223
3.9k views

Replies

included in the Copy Bundle Resources of the Build Phases tab

Other than to manually disable/de-select it there, I don't believe there is a way to selectively bifurcate it's inclusion.

But since it is static, is there a reason you just don't park it at root in the bundle? Might make your life easier, at least worth a try. Better yet, if it's that big, park it on a server and download post.
Thanks for your reply, but no matter where I put the file, it gets transferred to the Watch each time, even though it hasn't changed...

We are also troubled by this problem. Our large resource files are copied every time, even if it's unchanged. This seems to be an issue starting with Xcode 11 or Xcode 12. Before that, unchanged files are only copied once. This dramatically slows our development cycle. Have you found a way to resolve this?