Adding fat library to XCFramework not working in Xcode 12

I am using Xcode 12 to build a static library, and for tvOS, Xcode 12 includes both arm64 and arm64e in the single fat library.

Similarly, when building for the Simulator, Xcode 12 includes both x86_64 and arm64 (Mac Apple Silicon) in a single fat library.

In both cases, I am not able to create an XCFramework that includes these libraries, using the command:

xcodebuild -create-xcframework -output A.xcframework" -library A.a

Attempting to do so results in the error

error: unable to find any architecture information in the binary at 'A.a'

The output from lipo -info A.a clearly indicates both architectures present (arm64 + arm64e and arm64 + x86_64, respectively), so I don't understand why xcodebuild can't recognize and handle it.

I have also attempted to extract the individual architectures into two thin files each (eg. A-arm64.a and A-arm64e.a) and then create the XCFramework with those, but that results in a different error:

Both tvos-arm64e and tvos-arm64 represent two equivalent library definitions.

and

Both tvos-arm64-simulator and tvos-x86_64-simulator represent two equivalent library definitions.

Am I missing something? How does one create an XCFramework from a fat library (or two equivalent thin libraries)?
Answered by Bill Hollings in 632445022
This appears to have been an Xcode bug that has now been fixed as of Xcode 12 beta 6.
Accepted Answer
This appears to have been an Xcode bug that has now been fixed as of Xcode 12 beta 6.
Adding fat library to XCFramework not working in Xcode 12

Q