Provisioning Profile

I've an existing app already deployed to PROD users. I've received a requirement to enable "Associated Domains" option in Provisioning Profile. Will it impact the existing devices if I make the changes to existing Provisioning Profile and save it?

I may not deploy the changed profile to PROD users unless tested.

Please suggest.

Replies

I've an existing app already deployed to PROD users.

What platform are you targeting? And if it’s macOS, are you shipping via the Mac App Store? Or independently using Developer ID signing?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
Hi,

I'm targeting iOS devices. App is an 'In-House' app that is currently published to PROD users. When I try to edit the existing provisioning profile in the developer portal, it says "Adding or removing any capabilities will invalidate any provisioning profiles that include this App ID and they must be regenerated for future use."

What does this mean? Will it impact the devices that are using the application.

Thanks

Will it impact the devices that are using the application.

No. This only affects new apps you sign. Existing apps will continue to work until the embedded profile expires.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
Hello I have the same question, I have In-house developed apps in prod and I am targeting iPad devices will it affect the app if I have changes on the exisiting provisioning profile?