Kids App rejection. Amplitude in COPPA compliant mode

Hello!

My app has been rejected with the reason:
Third-party analytics or third-party advertising with the ability to collect, transmit or share identifiable information.

The only active analytics system I have is Amplitude where I enabled the COPPA mode.

I've asked for the specific selectors that the app has access to or the SDKs that are contrary to guideline 1.3, but the review team couldn't provide any detailed information.

Have anybody gone through the review process in Kids Category with Amplitude enabled?

Replies

Hello friend, we have same problems. Did you resolve that?
As i understand developer for kids category cant use any analytics, right?

You cannot use 3rd party analytics service when you submit a kids app to this category. You can, however, either develop your own analytics solution or use a platform you can deploy on premises easily (e.g Countly). Hope that helps.
Hi. We use Amplitude as our product analytics platform on our PopJam app, but we do not use the client-side code, only the analysis UI part of the Amplitude platform (which is crazy powerful IMO). We implemented our own first-party eventing on the client, then use a data pipeline to clean the events of PII and then pass events into Amplitude via the HTTP API, once identifying information is removed.

You can read more about our approach by searching Google for "How we implemented kid-safe analytics with Amplitude", where I wrote a more detailed blog post on this topic.
  • Thank you so much for this answer, we have been strugling a lot to resolve this!

Add a Comment