Provisioning profile process - lacking "do you need additional entitlements" step

The good news: my request for privileged-file-operations entitlements has been approved by Apple.

The bad: I cannot find the "Do you need additional entitlements?” page.

Explanation: on approval, Apple sent an email with instructions. The first step is to generate a provisioning profile:

To use this special entitlement you must create a new provisioning profile in the Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles section of your developer account and select the entitlement after the “Do you need additional entitlements?” page.

However, I never get presented the "Do you need additional entitlements" question(!)

What I did:
  1. log in at developer account

2. go to section "Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles"

3. click "generate a profile" (I had no previous profiles, I am still in development)

4. choose "macOS App Development"

5. select the appropriate Profile Type (mac) App id (myAppID)

6. select (all) my development certificate

7. select (all) my devices

8. enter a Provisioning Profile Name

In the last step I only get the option to "Generate" the profile. I would expect the question "Do you need additional entitlements?" first though.

Please note that I am new to this. I have not have previous experience with provisioning profiles as I have not published an app before. Please be specific in a solution on how to if this. I would prefer to be pointed to some "step by step" instruction if possible.

Help is much appreciated!

PS: I have also tried several other options available in the provisioning section, to no avail (and there are way too many permutations possible to figure out which needle in the haystack I am supposed to find). I read the instructions apple points to, but these all deal with issues *after* having concluded the first step.

Replies

There’s a couple of things to double check here:
  • If you’re a member of multiple teams, make sure the right team is selected via the menu hung off the avatar icon at the top right.

• Make sure you’re selecting the right profile type. These special entitlement templates are profile specific.

If neither of those help, wait a day or so and retest, just in case there’s a propagation delay. And if that still doesn’t work, reply back to the email that you received notifying you that you were granted access. It help if you include a sequence of screen shots illustrating each step that you took when trying to create the profile.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"
No progress. Apple is not answering.

Anybody else who can point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
Update:

I finally managed to get in touch with Apple. It appears they had forgotten to add the entitlements to my account, despite the confirmation mail.

After they added it for the second time, everything was working as expected: I was able to add the entitlement to the provisioning profile in the last step.

Hello,
I have similar issue. Do they have to request to activate "entitlements" to my account?

Best
I have the same issue. I received the approval email however upon creating a new profile do not see the "Do you need additional entitlements?” page.
How to I get in touch with Apple to follow this up? I have tried replying to the approval email, and also opened a DTS Technical Support Incident here: https://developer.apple.com/support/technical/submit/ but no response.

How to I get in touch with Apple to follow this up?

By replying to the approval email.

also opened a DTS Technical Support Incident here … but no response.

DTS should respond to your TSI within three business days (you can learn this and other factoids about DTS on our developer web page). If we don’t, please drop me an email to let me know. However, it’s likely that response will be “Follow up with the folks who approved your entitlement.”

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"