Swift TextField with label on macOS

Why is there no label for SwiftUI TextField but only a placeholder text? Or is there a modifier that I haven't found yet or a style property? On macOS every control seems to have now a label that is shown on the left side and that is correctly aligned with the other controls in a form. The TextField is also aligned with the other controls but has an empty space left to it. Using the label parameter as a placeholder is not very helpful having multiple textfields and the user entered already some values in them. In this case you cannot see anymore the meaning for all these values. I tried to implement a HStack with a Text and a TextField as a workaround but had trouble to align it with the other controls that have already label parameters in their SwiftUI syntax.

Replies

I'm running into the exact same issue. It appears Apple may have a version with a Label because the interface declares one but then only publicly restricts it to Text.
I submitted a feedback request to have this added, because right now there doesn't seem to be a way to make Form() containing TextField() look right on macOS because of the missing labels. FB8636648. I suggest you submit a feedback request as well.