Game Center: "Unable to connect to server" error on iOS 14

Hello,

I am unable to connect to Game Center on my iPhone running iOS 14 Beta 1, 2, or 3. It was working fine on iOS 13. It says "Unknown" and there is not a way to sign out or sign in to just Game Center. I have tried logging out of my App Store account and iCloud account altogether, but got the same result. Note that I am running iPad 14 on two iPads and not having any issues. Anyone else run into this?

Thanks,
David
  • CS-17 solution works on iOS 14.8 too.

MANY THANKS

• CS-17's solution has worked on my iPadOS 15.4 too. Thanks for sharing

• Same on my iPad

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

FIXED: I just went to a game that I had previously used with Game Center and signed back in. Boom!

Replies

FYI, resetting my network settings did NOT solve the problem.
FIXED: I just went to a game that I had previously used with Game Center and signed back in. Boom!
I fixed the problem. Newest iOS 14.0.1 is installed.
Go into settings -> iCloud - turn off the "Game Center App" who used the iCloud.
After that, turn the button on.
Now you can go to settings -> Game Center -> logged in an see your friends/trophys/games...
I hope you can also fix it :)
  • Can anyone help with this when it is a child’s account with family sharing?

• I’m also trying to fix my son’s account. So is a child’s phone and he can’t access his iCloud.

• i ******* love you

Thanks this was very helpful.It happened on one of our iPads after downloading 14. Great fix. Resetting everything didn't work for me either.
The solution from CS-17 fixed my issue. I have iOS 14.0.1 installed. Thanks CS-17!
My app SeekingFriends used to be auto-logged to game center after opening the app. Now after upgrade to iOS 14, it could not access to game center. It did on my iPhone. And I let my friend to do the same (just upgrade to iOS 14), now it failed to login to game center. Apple really need to do some for the game center! if users could not access the game center, what the new GUI of the game center for? I invited friends to the game, but the notification arrived couple days after!

john
Got the same problem and CS-17 solution fixed it ! Thanks cs-17
Thank you to CS-17.
As they mentioned, turning Game Center OFF under APPS USING ICLOUD, and then back ON, sort of fixed it. However, that actually just replaced the previous Apple ID for Game Center with the main Apple ID for iCloud. Had to then sign out of that ID for Game Center, and then back in with the correct Apple ID from before iOS 14 dropped it. And upon doing that, just ended up back with the same network connectivity error as before.
So, the bug is either associated with the use of different Apple IDs for iCloud vs. Game Center, and/or with having that different ID being not an email address (old school).
Still waiting for a solution here.

Has this issue ever been resolved by Apple? My son’s Game Center is still showing this error. He can’t access his iCloud because he’s under a child’s account.

Got the same problem on iPhone 11 Pro iOS 14.6 and CS-17 described solution helped! Thanks CS-17