WidgetKit waiting to attach

i just create a widget extension on my old proyect but the widget dont appear & when run my widget schema in xcode 12 appear waiting to attach

the same thing happens when I create a todayview extension

any suggestion?

Answered by Patagonia in 622383022

I finally managed to get the todayview up and running on ios 14....
I had to change the build phases, and uncheck the "copy only when install" checkbox...

but the widgetKit Extension build and when i want to run throws this exception...

Details
SendProcessControlEvent:toPid: encountered an error: Error Domain=com.apple.dt.deviceprocesscontrolservice Code=8 "Failed to show Widget 'com.is.Panic-Button' error: Error Domain=SBAvocadoDebuggingControllerErrorDomain Code=1 "Failed to get descriptors for extensionBundleID (com.is.Panic-Button)" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to get descriptors for extensionBundleID (com.is.Panic-Button)}." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to show Widget 'com.is.Panic-Button' error: Error Domain=SBAvocadoDebuggingControllerErrorDomain Code=1 "Failed to get descriptors for extensionBundleID (com.is.Panic-Button)" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to get descriptors for extensionBundleID (com.is.Panic-Button)}., NSUnderlyingError=0x13d0c7c70 {Error Domain=SBAvocadoDebuggingControllerErrorDomain Code=1 "Failed to get descriptors for extensionBundleID (com.is.Panic-Button)" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to get descriptors for extensionBundleID (com.is.Panic-Button)}}}
Domain: DTXMessage
Code: 1
  • -

System Information

macOS Version 10.15.6 (Build 19G73)
Xcode 12.0 (17175.2)
Accepted Answer

I finally managed to get the todayview up and running on ios 14....
I had to change the build phases, and uncheck the "copy only when install" checkbox...

but the widgetKit Extension build and when i want to run throws this exception...

Details
SendProcessControlEvent:toPid: encountered an error: Error Domain=com.apple.dt.deviceprocesscontrolservice Code=8 "Failed to show Widget 'com.is.Panic-Button' error: Error Domain=SBAvocadoDebuggingControllerErrorDomain Code=1 "Failed to get descriptors for extensionBundleID (com.is.Panic-Button)" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to get descriptors for extensionBundleID (com.is.Panic-Button)}." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to show Widget 'com.is.Panic-Button' error: Error Domain=SBAvocadoDebuggingControllerErrorDomain Code=1 "Failed to get descriptors for extensionBundleID (com.is.Panic-Button)" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to get descriptors for extensionBundleID (com.is.Panic-Button)}., NSUnderlyingError=0x13d0c7c70 {Error Domain=SBAvocadoDebuggingControllerErrorDomain Code=1 "Failed to get descriptors for extensionBundleID (com.is.Panic-Button)" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to get descriptors for extensionBundleID (com.is.Panic-Button)}}}
Domain: DTXMessage
Code: 1
  • -

System Information

macOS Version 10.15.6 (Build 19G73)
Xcode 12.0 (17175.2)
I finally got the solution for the last error.... clean build folder and change on file/workespace Settings... build System to New Build System...
WidgetKit waiting to attach

Q