'com.apple.security.app-sandbox' not supported on macOS

I created a macOS project using XCode 11.5 on macOS 10.15.5. Before that I created an App Store app record with macOS support.
When I archive this app and validate it the validation fails with messages:

App Store Connect Operation Error
Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. Your application bundle's signature contains code signing entitlements that are not supported on macOS. Specifically, key 'com.apple.security.files.user-selected.read-only' in 'io.my.My.pkg/Payload/My.app/Contents/MacOS/My' is not supported.

App Store Connect Operation Error
Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. Your application bundle's signature contains code signing entitlements that are not supported on macOS. Specifically, key 'com.apple.security.app-sandbox' in 'io.my.My.pkg/Payload/My.app/Contents/MacOS/My' is not supported.

Here is the entitlements:
Code Block xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>com.apple.security.app-sandbox</key>
    <true/>
    <key>com.apple.security.files.user-selected.read-only</key>
    <true/>
</dict>
</plist>

I can not find any information about this issue and since the App Store is required the app sandbox I also can not turn it off.

Replies

Hi Kosger,

Did you find an answer to this problem ? We have just come across the same issue and this is the only real reference I can find to it that matches anywhere.

I would be grateful for anything you can do to point us in the right direction.

Many thanks.

We have just come across the same issue and this is the only real reference I can find to it that matches anywhere.

Obviously those entitlements are valid. Something else about the app is corrupted.

The same is happening to me. Once the validation and uploading were successful, and after the rejection, I changed my App and archived for validation, and this happened to me.
Hey, in case it helps, I have the exact same issue with the same exact errors. I found another thread here that suggested it's just a cosmetic error with xcode and their app passed review. I just uploaded my app to App Store Connect and so far no issues. I'm assuming it'll pass the review as those entitlements are clearly supported by macOS.
Good luck!
Just wanted to circle back and say that my app was approved with no issues so you can probably ignore those validation errors and be good to go.