CryptoTokenKit extension accessing External Accessory

Will it be possible for a CryptoTokenKit extension to open an external accessory on iPhone/iPad (eg: smart card reader)?
If so, do I configure the accessory information in the extension bundle or the main app bundle?

Accepted Reply

TKSmartCardTokenDriver is not supported on iOS. The Persistent Token Extension is available in Xcode 12.0.1
Your extension Info.plist should be configured with the accessory protocol strings by adding UISupportedExternalAccessoryProtocols.
Your extension will only start when a request is made to use your token by an app like Safari. It won't start when attaching an accessory.

Replies

On MacOS, my extension is loaded and I am asked to make a TKSmartCardTokenDriver but the TKSmartCardSlot is created for me.
Do I need to create a TKSmartCardSlot object? If so, I don't see a way to do that.
TKSmartCardTokenDriver is not supported on iOS. The Persistent Token Extension is available in Xcode 12.0.1
Your extension Info.plist should be configured with the accessory protocol strings by adding UISupportedExternalAccessoryProtocols.
Your extension will only start when a request is made to use your token by an app like Safari. It won't start when attaching an accessory.