iPhone not available - please reconnect the device

When I run my app from Xcode 12.0 on an iPhone 8 (iOS 14.0) I get the error:

iPhone is not available. Please reconnect the device.

I've tried restarting Xcode and unpairing the iPhone from Xcode, but nothing seems to work. The app works fine on the simulator.

Answered by BaconShrimpEyes in 627497022
I was having the same issue. For me, what worked was opening Devices and Simulators (command shift 2 or Window -> Devices and Simulators) and disconnecting and reconnecting my iPhone with the window open. I then waited for the yellow banner saying the phone was being set up to go away. After that, the issue seemed to be resolved.

It shouldn't make any difference, but for reference, I'm on MacOS Big Sur, my iPhone is a XR, they're each running Beta 4 for XCode and iOS 14 respectively.
Accepted Answer
I was having the same issue. For me, what worked was opening Devices and Simulators (command shift 2 or Window -> Devices and Simulators) and disconnecting and reconnecting my iPhone with the window open. I then waited for the yellow banner saying the phone was being set up to go away. After that, the issue seemed to be resolved.

It shouldn't make any difference, but for reference, I'm on MacOS Big Sur, my iPhone is a XR, they're each running Beta 4 for XCode and iOS 14 respectively.
FWIW, I'm on Xcode 12.0.1 on Catalina 15.7 and I'm having Xcode crash as soon as I try to unpair my iPhone XS Max.
App runs fine in simulator. iPhone is running latest 14 release.

I also have Xcode 12.2 beta 3 thinking that might be resolved, but same problem.

Phone is up to date, as is MacOS for released version.

Had the same issue and as suggested before in other comments, hit Shift, Command and the number 2 to open Devices and Simulators. In my case, my phone was IOS 14.6 and xcode was at 12.2 - there were Red errors clearly telling me what to do - it said my device (iphone) was one of 5 or 6 listed that were running IOS 14.6 and I needed to update to a version of Xcode that supports IOS 14.6. That said, turned out my older macbook pro could not be updated to the version I needed so I ended up getting a newer macbook pro. So it is possible to be in a situation when your macbook cannot support what you need. Everything was fine until I got the bright idea to update my phone that it became uncompatible.

iPhone not available - please reconnect the device

Q