Headless Apple TV development

Is there a way to run, debug, and profile an app from Xcode on an AppleTV 4K when the HDMI port is not connected?

Ideally, there would be a way to configure the Apple TV to pretend that it's connected to a 4K or 1080p display.

QuickTime Player's remote device Movie Recording feature could be used to view content in near real time (with some system performance impact).
Answered by hadphild in 622414022
Have a look for a Virtual HDMI Dummy Adapter 1.4 DDC EDID Display Emulator. This could solve your issue.
Accepted Answer
Have a look for a Virtual HDMI Dummy Adapter 1.4 DDC EDID Display Emulator. This could solve your issue.
I picked up a "FREEGENE HDMI Dummy Plug Virtual Screen Display Emulator for Headless PC 4096x2160@60Hz, 3 Pack Headless Ghost". And it works well. When I need to see what is on the screen, I'm able to use QuickTime Player "Movie Recording" as a realtime monitor without much negative impact on my app's performance.

One more note. When initially using the Headless Plug the Apple TV Video mode was 2160p60Hz SDR .
When I changed it to 2160p60Hz HDR the Apple TV interface became unstable (focus movement erratic,
list of available video modes being repainted every few seconds with focus moved to bottom entry).
And it was very difficult (many attempts to quickly move through the settings before they repainted)
to switch back to SDR.

Once reset to 2160p60Hz SDR the interface was stable again.
Headless Apple TV development

Q