Deprecated functions in CoreMIDI framework - Swift

I am trying to implement MIDI Out for an app. The app will generate a MIDI sequence that could be directed to be played on another app (synthesizer or as an input to apps like AUM). I noticed that certain functions in the CoreMIDI framework like MIDIReceived and MIDISend have been deprecated. I couldn't find any new functions that replace these. CoreMIDI documentation is very sparse and lacking. Anybody know of new functions that replace these?
  • I believe that you have to ignore the "deprecated" annotations and use the information in https://bradleyross.github.io/ObjectiveC-Examples/Documentation/BRossTools/FunctionalArea.html. The project is in the BRossTools folder in the BradleyRoss/ObjectiveC-Examples GitHubrepository.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

They're focusing on the new MIDIEventList frob now.

Code Block
@available(iOS 14.0, *)
public func MIDISendEventList(_ port: MIDIPortRef, _ dest: MIDIEndpointRef, _ evtlist: UnsafePointer<MIDIEventList>) -> OSStatus
@available(iOS 14.0, *)
public func MIDIReceivedEventList(_ src: MIDIEndpointRef, _ evtlist: UnsafePointer<MIDIEventList>) -> OSStatus

Replies

They're focusing on the new MIDIEventList frob now.

Code Block
@available(iOS 14.0, *)
public func MIDISendEventList(_ port: MIDIPortRef, _ dest: MIDIEndpointRef, _ evtlist: UnsafePointer<MIDIEventList>) -> OSStatus
@available(iOS 14.0, *)
public func MIDIReceivedEventList(_ src: MIDIEndpointRef, _ evtlist: UnsafePointer<MIDIEventList>) -> OSStatus