How do I create a simple toggle button in the macOS toolbar with SwiftUI

Seems hard to believe that this could be so difficult - is the standard AppKit option of something like a square button and type 'toggle' not available under swiftUI or is there a modifier somewhere that can be used to achieve the same thing.

I'm currently using this code within the .toolbar modifier for a view that is embedded within a NavigationView...

Code Block
      .toolbar {
            ToolbarItem(placement: .primaryAction) {
                Button(action: appData.isEditing.toggle()) {
                    Label(appData.isEditing ? "Done" : "Edit",
                          systemImage: appData.isEditing ? "pencil.circle.fill" : "pencil.circle")
                }
                .disabled(<< insert your own logic here >>)
                .help("Edit the selected record")
            }
        }

and this is my AppData class that conforms to ObservableObject that I use to store the value for isEditing...

Code Block
final class AppData: ObservableObject {
    @Published var isEditing: Bool = false
}

Alternatively you could use the @State property wrapper within your View struct that contains the NavigationView...

Code Block
struct yourView: View {
@State private var isEditing = false
}

I haven't attempted to use the Toggle View before, but to answer this question I just used it successfully in a macOS target I'm writing in SwiftUI...

Code Block
                Toggle(isOn: $appData.isEditing) {
                    Label(appData.isEditing ? "Done" : "Edit",
                          systemImage: appData.isEditing ? "pencil.circle.fill" : "pencil.circle")
                }
                .disabled(<< insert your own logic here >>)
                .help("Edit the selected record")

The benefit of using Toggle over Button, is that when the toggle value for isOn = true, the Toggle has a slightly darker background to demonstrate the selected state. This would have to be added manually to Button to achieve the same effect.

I'll be using Toggle.
How do I create a simple toggle button in the macOS toolbar with SwiftUI

Q