Indexing bringing Xcode to a crawl.

I am running Xcode 11.3.1 on macOS 10.14. (I know, I'm a little behind, but the Mail bug in Catalina still makes me wary.) Lately editing in Xcode has slowed to a crawl. Activity Monitor shows the process com.apple.dt.SKAgent running consistently at over 170%. Keystrokes are often delayed by up to several seconds, and I had to turn off "suggest completions while typing" altogether, which further slows me down.

I've tried:
  • rebooting

• closing any other open projects

• quitting Xcode and deleting the "DerivedData" directory

The problem remains. Is there anything else I can try short of upgrading the OS? If the index parser is getting hung up on something, is there a way I can try to see what it might be?
  • I'm having the same problem, so I'd be curious to know what the resolution was. What was the response to bug report FB7804023? Was the problem fixed? If so, what steps were taken to fix it.

• Yes! I have the same problem, nothing seems to fix it.

Add a Comment

Replies

Hi, I’m sorry to hear you are having such issues, could you file a bug report at https://feedbackassistant.apple.com so we can follow-up with you? A sysdiagnose while the issue is occurring and, if possible, a project that reproduces the issue would be immensely helpful. 🙏
Thanks for the reply! I created two sysdiagnose reports and filed a bug report: FB7804023. The reports were both taken while SKAgent was running at ~180% CPU.