MacOS: Invalid code signing entitlements fail archive validation

I'm trying to validate an updated version archive of an existing (and previously approved) MacOS App with Xcode 11.5 on MacOS 10.15.5.

When submitting my archive for validation, I get the following errors:

App Store Connect Operation Error
Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. Your application bundle's signature contains code signing entitlements that are not supported on macOS. Specifically, key 'com.apple.security.network.client' in 'net.networkmom.netrek.pkg/Payload/Netrek.app/Contents/MacOS/Netrek' is not supported.

App Store Connect Operation Error
Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. Your application bundle's signature contains code signing entitlements that are not supported on macOS. Specifically, key 'com.apple.security.app-sandbox' in 'net.networkmom.netrek.pkg/Payload/Netrek.app/Contents/MacOS/Netrek' is not supported.

I've restarted Xcode, cleaned my build folder, deleted and re-added my sandbox capability, and deleted and rebuilt my archive.

The above entitlements are "standard". In fact sandbox is a MacOS App Store requirement.

Possibly related: this is WWDC week. I'm wondering if something changed on the server side and if we need to wait for Xcode 11.6 to for MacOS Archive validation to work properly.

I've gone ahead and submitted my app for review despite the failed archive validation. Fingers crossed the archive validation error is cosmetic (will update post after review).

Replies

My app passed app review. So the archive validation in Xcode 11.5 has a cosmetic error.