Handwashing not working on Watch Series 3 42mm (Spain)

Handwashing functionality does not work, either appear in watch settings. If I look at the health app on my iPhone it appears Handwashing in Other data section.

Is this feature going to be available on next beta updates? It is limited to some countries?

Accepted Reply

Feature support wasn't well documented immediately after the announcements last year either. I was initially surprised that my Series 3 watch didn't have the Noise app. I would not be surprised if the Series 3 was left out of this feature also. I think they are doing a good job of supporting older devices with the new updates, even if all features aren't available.

Replies

Feature support wasn't well documented immediately after the announcements last year either. I was initially surprised that my Series 3 watch didn't have the Noise app. I would not be surprised if the Series 3 was left out of this feature also. I think they are doing a good job of supporting older devices with the new updates, even if all features aren't available.
I’m seeing the same thing. I read someplace that series 3 was supported. I see it in the Watch app on my phone under notifications but no place else.
It is happening the same thing to me. I updated my AW3 yesterday to watchOS7 and today I have the surprise that the feature that made me update my watch because I wanted it is not supported. I hope that they add this feature to the Apple Watch 3 either on the next Beta versions or in the official version. Please!
I looked it up, Handwashing detection is only for series 4 and up.
I have series 4 and updated it to ios 7. I followed all the settings provided in YouTube and it rarely detects me washing my hands. I rigorously wash my hands over 3 minutes with a running water and agitating my hands and it still doesn't turn on. The developer has to look into this. At work, some sink has sensor and water only run few seconds and shuts off. But, regardless what I do to activate it, IT WILL NOT FUNCTION! When I come home, my watch says time to wash your hands but still. It does not detect me washing my hands. From the time I updated it to IOS 7, it only worked 5 times and that's it.