PHPhotoLibraryPreventAutomaticLimitedAccessAlert in info.plist

If you set it, does it mean that the user will have an "old style" alert when a permission request is done?
Answered by Engineer in 615415022
There is no way for an app to opt-out of Limited Library, but apps can control when to show the picker.
Setting the Info.plist key tells the system to not automatically prompt the user to extend access and instead your app has full control over when to prompt to extend access.
You can call -[PHPhotoLibrary(PhotosUISupport) presentLimitedLibraryPickerFromViewController:] to show the prompt.
The relevant section of Handle the Limited Photos Library in your app is at 11m 49s.

Accepted Answer
There is no way for an app to opt-out of Limited Library, but apps can control when to show the picker.
Setting the Info.plist key tells the system to not automatically prompt the user to extend access and instead your app has full control over when to prompt to extend access.
You can call -[PHPhotoLibrary(PhotosUISupport) presentLimitedLibraryPickerFromViewController:] to show the prompt.
The relevant section of Handle the Limited Photos Library in your app is at 11m 49s.

With PHPhotoLibraryPreventAutomaticLimitedAccessAlert set to true Should a file a bug if I still see the photos picker when I change preference in the Settings app? There's no reason for my users to change selected photos because I have a custom button in the app to present the Photos picker.

PHPhotoLibraryPreventAutomaticLimitedAccessAlert in info.plist

Q