Mail crashes in Big Sur

Mail crashes upon launch in Big Sur. Workaround?

Replies

Hola, how did you get there? I do not even succeed in installing Big Sur at all. Yes, I downloaded the Profile, did run the installation app, but there are only Catalina Updates offered to me, NO Big Sur yet… Do you have any idea?

Thank you ;-)
Same here. Hoping for a workaround also.

Big Sur was an option, and there was also "additional downloads - 10.15.
Same here. Already deleted the index and did a rebuild of the index, but still crashes on start. (actual MacBook Pro)

Had some moderate success in turning off all the accounts, deleting the index, starting Mail and slowly adding accounts back. But that only worked for a few hours before it crashed again.
Figure it out. I disabled all my accounts in Settings > Internet Accounts. It was then possible to launch Mail. Then I added each account and quit then relaunched Mail. I did this until I got to my Yahoo! account. This was the account that was crashing mail. I tried to rebuild the Yahoo! on and it did not work, so I've left that one disabled. Otherwise, it's working fine now.
Edit: Figured it out.

I have now completely deleted my Yahoo account rather than disable it. I set it up as a new account and everything seems to be working fine now.
I rebooted into Safe Boot, tested Mail there and it worked. Restarted normally, and Mail then worked and has been OK since.
I had this problem after installing beta 1 and I solved it by deleting ~/Library/mail*. There should be three of them.
Since I updated my OS to Big Sur, Mail is not working properly, the "Search" function does not work at all and "flagged" items are not synced with my other devices. I am so disappointed. I can't find anything now. How do I fix this?