Seller name vs Company name

Sorry if this has been asked before and discussed to death.

I've been told by Apple Developer Support that at the time I submit my first app I will be given a one-time only oppertaunity to specify a Publisher/Artist/Seller name, if I miss this there is no going back. But in the same email conversation Support have told me the Publisher/Artist/Seller name is set as my company name and will remain, there is no oppertunity to change.

Which one is it? Can someone please shead some light on this? We haven't uploaded any apps yet but do have draft apps with no attached code in iTunes Connect.

Thanks!

• Did you ever find out? I don't have a legal company, it's just me and it would entirely depend on the success of the apps whether I would then turn it into a full on business (hiring people etc.) I would like to list it under a "company name" and definitely not under my name, just because I don't feel super comfortable having that out there. So can we publish with a "pseudonim" ?

Add a Comment

Replies

Which one depends on how you applied for your Individual Developer Account to begin with, keeping in mind that if you are actually a 'company', and you failed to qualify that detail accordingly during your application, you may be able to correct that failure/change later.

It all just depends, I would use your name unless you have a Legal/Register Company for legal issues but if you dont your probably better off using your name instead

Just like when you enroll in the devloper program you get this before you start enrolling

"Please note: In order for your company name to be listed as the seller on the App Store, your company must be recognized as a legal entity in your country. Sole proprietors and single person companies located in countries where they are not recognized as legal entities will be enrolled and be listed for download under the enrollee’s personal legal name, if selected for distribution by Apple."