There was an error importing this build

Update: The error was finally handled after updating to Xcode 7.3

I have uploaded multiple builds since last 2 days and I get the following error for each of them "There was an error importing this build"

I also got an informational warning while uploading the build to iTunesConnect. "

"The resulting API analysis file is too large"

I use Cocoa pods in my project. Is it a problem with Apple servers or some kind of Bug?

Replies

Same here 😟

So cocoapods is the commonality for everyone in this thread, then?

Might be time to talk to them...

Same here 😟

same here =/...

what's happening?

Same here...

I really wish to get some information about it.. Really stuck with that problem for 2 days...

Bored...

Hope u guys fix asap!!!

No cocoapods. Same error. Playing the waiting game.

Error started for me March 16, 2016 at 1:28 AM PDT, it was build 1 of a new version. Last successfull upload was the previous version build 11, Mar 18, 2016 at 8:34 AM PDT. Very, very, annoyed with iTunes Connect this few days. Taking very long to process builds, and now, this error with no explanation...

No cocoapods.

Tried uploading with and without bitcode. Same error.

Tried with and without the new ITSAppUsesNonExemptEncryption key, same error both tries.

The upside here is that it processed in just a few minutes before the error, this must be related to something Apple changed to deal with builds taking forever to process from March 17 at 5:00 PM to March 18 at 6:00 AM or so.

Same problem here. My last successful build was upload on Mar 17, 2016 at 6:55pm. The one upload same day at 11:03pm failed with the same error message. Nothing passed after that. There was no major changes between those builds.

My guess is we're trapped waiting for the upgrade of OS X, Xcode, iOS, all due on Monday, 21 March.

I don't expect anything to get resolved with this other than Apple telling us to "be sure to upgrade" after Monday's releases. Hopefully, after gigabytes of upgrading and a rebuild afterwards, things will go smoothly, but I wouldn't expect a response from Apple until you've upgraded.

I'm in the same boat, but one submitted app shot right through, a different one has failed three times. Seems to be rather random, so I'm going to submit a few more times, then just wait out the Monday event.

*sigh*

Were there any significant differences in dependencies or app entitlements with the app that submitted successfully? I'm thinking this is a problem caused by certain entitlements, and multiple failed containerized validation processes related to this entitlement. This doesn't solve our problem, but it'd be nice to have more insight.

Same here 😟

Same problem. Upload 4 builds, 3 get reject, 1 still processing. And the processing time takes longer than usual.

Good question, thanks for asking.

No. I have six apps in the app store, each sharing the bulk of their code, around 98% of it. The rest is color and graphics customization, API URL changes, that sort of thing. They're otherwise identical in code. (Search for 63red in the app store, you'll see what I mean.)

This is plainly an Apple thing. I don't think much is going to happen this weekend or early next week, while things get upgraded, by them and by us.

My personal suspicion is that Apple is upgrading their processing servers, and with one app I got lucky to be processed on a server not yet upgraded.

I'm going to roll the dice again, but really I'm not expecting anything to happen until everyone's upgrades are complete.

"StackOverflow articles talk about making sure to increment build numbers" I too read this somewhere on SOF. I did increment the build number. But no use. I hope Apple resolves this asap. Btw what's your build number notation? Do you write it in decimal notation?

Same