cloudkit - prices

Hi,

I need to have a fresh look about some stuff with cloudkit storage. Maybe someone have more experience than me and can help me. My app needs to store a lot of assets(per user) in shared container.

My first thought was - why should I not use cloudkit? - and then I did it.

Implementation of it was really nice and I'm happy about it.

But I have some worries from the other side. Number of users in app, number of stored datas are really hard to estimate. and what with pricing? I see that apple pushes some limitation about storage usage:

10GB asset storage, 2GB data transfer.

I'm worried how prices will look when I cross the border.

Maybe someone has some experience with it? How it looks on the "real" side? Should I be worried about these prices? maybe should I think about some other solution instead of cloudkit?

Thanks

Replies

Laesde,

I see this was a long time ago, did you find a solution / what did you find out?

I'd like to know more about what caused you to get close to your limits as I'm in the process of developing an app that I can foresee surpassing these limits.

Thanks.
As this thread was migrated from the previous iteration of DevForums, it’s unlikely that anyone will see your question. I recommend that you open a new thread for your question, tagging it with CloudKit.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"