Xcode "There is not enough disk space available to install the product." with plenty of space.

at 4.4 ish GB, my late 2013 MB Pro's internel SSD with 7.9 GB available ought to be able to handle size requirements for this update, I would think. Or, would have thought. Still, it said no, so I freed up a bit more space. Xcode still responds with "There is not enough disk space available to install the product."
Why is that?

Replies

Same problem 33GB free space can't update to 12.0.1 from 12.

I have 37GB available and can't download the update on App Store due to "not enough disk space available" :(
I have 28.42 GB space left on my MacBook Pro but unable to install Xcode 12 which is of size 11.21. Telling me not have enough space on disk space.
Update your MacOS and it will install.
On Catalina 10.15.7, getting the error despite having 25GB .
Estou com o mesmo problema, meu Mac tem espaço livre mas não consegue instalar o xCode 12
What kind of joke is this. I delete all my projects delete all the files. shift my data to external drive. I clean all the caches. and finally when I make 40 GB space it started updated event on 39 GB it didn't start updating. I request to apple please make this easy for us we have 128 gb ssd please.
Using Catalina 10.15.7 , available 38GB space but still showing "There is not enough space on the disk space available to install the product" for Xcode 12. Any solution?
i'm facing now the same problem, trying to update my XCode from 12.0 to 12.0.1 while i'm having a 40G free on my laptop, and this message is confusing me.

There is not enough disk space available to install the product.

it's really a headache from apple..... they always having issues every update..

now, what should i do ? anyone solve this problem ??
I have te same problem, using Catalina 10.15.6, MacBook Air SSD 250 GB, available 37GB space free, but still showing "There is not enough space on the disk space available to install the product" for Xcode 12. Any solution?
I've tried to update macOS(I'm running Catalina 10.15.7) but it didn't help so I removed Xcode and downloaded entire 11,2 GB from App Store and it works :)
Macbook Air 13 128gb with Catalina 10.15.7 on board having ~30GB of space available,
but still showing "There is not enough space on the disk space available" to install the Xcode 120.1 update.
Current Xcode 12.0 installation is taking about 45gb...
Any solution?
I have a MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina (10.15.7), ssd 128GB and 33.19GB of free space. I tried to update the Xcode, but I received same message of no enough disk space. I removed the xcode and I tried to install again but always I get same message.

I have a MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina (10.15.7), ssd 256GB and 35 GB of free space. I tried to update the Xcode, but I received same message of no enough disk space. I removed the xcode and I tried to install again but always I get same message.
Same problem here. 35 GB available space, but same error message.
What can I do ?