Springboard Preview Video

Hi guys,

the Apple Review team complainted the preview because of a short sequence showing the apple springboard. The purpose of this scene was to show the possibility of push notifications even when the app is not active. However I corrected the preview immediately and asked for expedited review. Now I'm wating for more than 2 weeks... I've written a lot of mails. But I never received a response. I really can't believe what is going on here. 😟😟

Replies

Hi,

How did it end up? I have currently the same issue...my expdited review has been approved, and is in the status In Review over 2 weeks now..I also didn't get any answer on my e-mail.s

I got a similar rejection for Touchgram in 2019 when I tried to show Messages being launched from Springboard:?

Your app preview includes content that does not sufficiently reflect the app in use. Specifically, your preview:

- Displays other apps.

- Shows footage other than the app in use.

They included a screenshot of the springboard starting frame.

I then trimmed the video further to show how it starts with the app icon in the middle of the Compact view of iMessage and they clipped that frame and left the status as rejected for the same reaons as above.

Have just further trimmed the video so it shows the iMessage extension in Compact mode, which means iMessage's transcript and the bar of app icons is visible. Will be very interesting to see if this is accepted. I have an alternate theory that the App Preview is regarded as only being for the app, even when 99% of your functionality is in the extension.