Archiving Framework Project in Xcode

When I archive a framework to distribute, xcode produces an empty .xcarchive file.

Is there a built in way to archive .frameworks for distribution (standalone frameworks) to give to people, without giving them the entire xcode project to link as a subproject. I'm just dragging and dropping the .framework file out of the derived data, but I imagine there should be a way to export a framework from within Xcode?

Replies

I have the same problem. When I'm archiving a framework, nothing is produced. The framework from derived data intermediates folder is not properly built. Archiving an app with the framework from derived data, and extracting ipa from bitcode is throwing an error: http://postimg.org/image/xlphmtv03/ (while without the framework it goes smoothly).

Anyone resolved this issue?

I haven't had to do this in awhile. But I think you can try changing "Skip Install" to NO in Build Settings if you are archiving just the framework.

If that does work (didn't try) and you are using the framework project as a subproject in another app, you'll have to switch Skip Install back to No or else archiving the main app will mess up.

That worked. Thank you.