SwiftUI 2 or 1.1 version update ?

Hello !

I 'm now used to using SwiftUI and i wrote severals components and full complex views with it but I have some reccuring problems.

This problems are often due to iOS13 or SwiftUI integration bugs : Slowdowns, constraints on native components, screen glitches ...

I love SwitUI because I think it's very well thought out, a very good approach, very light and the patterns used are really useful !

I'm completely a fan of SwiftUI theory but a little disappointed to notice that it doesn't seem "prod ready".

Is there a major update planned for SwiftUI in the near future (for example for WWDC)?

Is there a roadmap for future language features?

Thank you very much

Replies

Hello,

I'm also very interested to have information on the roadmap of SwiftUI.

We also have a lot of problems with SwiftUI but we believe it is promising.

Best regards.

I would expect there will improvements announced at WWDC to SwiftUI since Apple sees SwiftUI as important to their future development efforts. Whether they are major improvements will probably be in the eyes of the beholder. However, Apple rarely provides (I think never, but, that may be a little presumptuous on my part) roadmaps fot its internal product development (and SwiftUI is definitely, at this point, an internal development effort). Swift itself is an example. The open source Swift.org has public roadmaps, or at least publically defined goals, but what Apple does internally with the open-source is never discussed publicly until it is officially announced.

Suspected that I will not have the answer, there may be some news at WWDC and an update with iOS14.

In any case, I may have wanted a developer from Apple to read this message and give me some hope 🙂

I have too many bugs at this point and I even have the idea of completely rewriting certain parts of my code in classic Storyboard + Swift in order to limit the risks