What are the best state management practices for SwiftUI?

Hi,
I'd like to know if there are any good patterns to follow for state management in SwiftUI?
A quick google search returns me a few approaches on Redux like architecture but given the

Combine framework
and likes such as the
ObservableObject
+
EnvironmentObject
, which seems closer to what
Context API
in
Reactjs
represents for most cases, it might be unnecessary.
Ideally, I'd like to find ways in the
SwiftUI
world to help me assess the app performance, which could help me find patterns or architectures to solve state management in my applications, so any tips or advice in these regards will be extremely beneficial for me to learn if you don't mind sharing!
Meanwhile, I find that I can look into redrawing to identify occurrences but wonder about other approaches that might be more suitable or can provide better insight, let's look at my cavemen, not the best example and a bit of a pseudo-code:

// My ObservableObject
class Hunter: ObservableObject {
  @Published var name = "Fred Flinston"
  @Published var gun = "Rock"
}

// CaveView
struct CaveView: View {
  @EnvironmentObject var hunter: Hunter

var body: some View {
  print("[DEBUG] redraw happend!")
  }
}

// Main view
struct HunterLand: View {
  // @EnvironmentObject var hunter: Hunter

var body: some View {
  // print("[DEBUG] redraw happend!")
  VStack {
  CaveView()
  }
  }
}

The

Main View
represented above as
HunterLand
has a nested view that is subscribed to the
Hunter
ObservableObject instance (resolved in the
sceneDelegate
); The
Main View
has nested views and only the
CaveView
will be affected by any observable changes. The commented out parts is to expose that if it also subscribed the
redrawing
would happen twice in principle.

It's my understanding that the diff algorithm for SwiftUI probably takes care of a lot of stuff for us, but would be nice to know how to verify how it performs when developing and making architecture choices to better improve the app experience or any good reads or best practices in this regard.

Thank you!

Replies

What performance ? Display speed ?

I would be careful to draw quick conclusions, as SwiftUI is still very much evolving. What is true today maybe wrong tomorrow.

I would not bother too much unless there is a clear performance issue.

Or is it another performance aspect ?

Note you should also consider ease of maintenance. SwiftUI designers recommend modular design.

Looking into State architecture. For example, the Redux cases are good to demonstrate a unidirectional data-flow.
I haven't found much about this subject, so I'll stick with `ReSwift`, for now.

Still don't catch your question.

But that's ok if you've found an answer that meets your needs.

Don't forget to close the thread on your conclusion.

The question is at the very top "I'd like to know if there are any good patterns to follow for state management in SwiftUI?"