LaunchScreen.storyboard not working in Dark Mode

Using XCode 11.4.1

MacOS 10.15.4

SwiftUI

I would like to implement dark mode in my test application, but the LaunchScreen is not changing when I use a named color asset.

The rest of the app and all its pages update to the correct custom green color in light appearance, and black in the dark appearance,

however the LaunchScreen stays the custom green and will not change to black despite changing the iPhone device settings to dark mode when I am testing the app.

The LaunchScreen is set to use the background color called "appBackground" which is the custom color asset group I made in the assets folder, and it contains the colors for light mode, dark mode, and any appearance.

Thank you for any insight!

***EDIT***

I found that I needed to click the checkmark for "High Contrast" in the assets folder when creating my custom light/dark background color asset- this fixed my specific problem and allowed the light appearance launchsreen for my app to appear the custom green, and the dark appearance to appear as the black.

Accepted Reply

I don't think the color is loaded at the time launchscreen is displayed.

Just to check, try to set color to system background color, to see if it works.

Have a look at this

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57288101/launch-images-for-dark-or-light-mode

Replies

I don't think the color is loaded at the time launchscreen is displayed.

Just to check, try to set color to system background color, to see if it works.

Have a look at this

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57288101/launch-images-for-dark-or-light-mode

Hello, and thank you for your response, this helped me figure out what was going wrong.

As you suggested, changing to system background color does indeed work correctly (with light appearance showing as white and dark appearance showing as black)

However I found that I needed to click the checkmark for "High Contrast" in the assets folder when creating my custom light/dark background color asset- this fixed my specific problem and allowed the light appearance launchsreen for my app to appear the custom green, and the dark appearance to appear as the black.

I updated the original post!