Re: A library with the identifier xcframework error

Do you use third party framweworks, like Alamofire ?

Answered by DTS Engineer in 414559022

Don't know what happened to the forum.

This is what happens when one selects Branch from the Action menu associated with a post. Apparently this doesn’t require any special privileges; you just have to be the originator of the thread. For example:

1. I used my test account to create this thread.

2. I then used my Apple account to reply on that thread.

3. I then did an Action > Branch in my test account, resulting in this new thread. This is a discussion thread, not a question thread, and the originator is listed as my Apple account.

Wacky!

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

No I dont have any third party framework such as Alamofire or anything all I have is a call kit framework is this the reason?

Don't know what happened to the forum. I'm noted as the author of this thread I didn't create !

Was just a reply to https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/131345

For reference, here was the original question

nishant288. Apr 10, 2020 1:43 AM

Hi
I am trying to create an xcframework for my framework so far I am able to achieve this following this 1. I was able to archive for ios and simulator but when try to create an xcframework i get an error "A library with the identifier "ios-arm64" already exists." Please let me know what is the issue for this as I am having a tight deadline for the same.

Accepted Answer

Don't know what happened to the forum.

This is what happens when one selects Branch from the Action menu associated with a post. Apparently this doesn’t require any special privileges; you just have to be the originator of the thread. For example:

1. I used my test account to create this thread.

2. I then used my Apple account to reply on that thread.

3. I then did an Action > Branch in my test account, resulting in this new thread. This is a discussion thread, not a question thread, and the originator is listed as my Apple account.

Wacky!

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Thanks for the explanation.

But I didn't do anything, just reply, did not branch.

In addition, that's the first time I see this.

Not a big deal, but hope it does not become a recurring issue.

Have a good day, probably at home.

Curious what was the solution to the original question, can't find the answer in any of the threads.

Just fun on this forum following eskimo post 1 year ago.

I update MacOS and reopened the forum.

Then this thread appears with the original author:

I reloaded the page and got a completely different view; 4 for answers, a correct answer and nearly 160 more views in a minute… Magic.

Note: I posted a bug report (FB9959426) about the forum whereabouts on reload…

Re: A library with the identifier xcframework error

Q