Should I add SwiftUI views to my app?

I just got the message that Apple is demanding that I update my app to the iOS 13 SDK in July.

I'm looking at adding a few new features and considering using SwiftUI since my app has to be linked with the new SDK anyway, but I'm concerned that I may be leaving users and potential users out in the cold for too long in the future.

Replies

That is just a personal advice.

But as you need to publish an update of the app, I would not take the risk to integrate a few SwiftUI inside. What wiould be end user value ?

And for you, not sure you would save, at this stage, any development time. Just risk to mess up your code.

>but I'm concerned that I may be leaving users and potential users out in the cold for too long in the future.

Perhaps if you listed specific concerns someone could help you decide one by one if they pose a threat, etc.

Otherwise, devs are encouraged to follow Apple's lead. If Apple was worried a given implementation would leave significant users behind it would be a shot to the foot, would it not?

New features are what keeps existingusers coming back, and new users coming around.

Don't let other devs take an advantage in the store by waiting...