Rendering issues (objects blurred, frame dimensions = 1) when SKScene is inside SwiftUI context

I am developing an app that contains a SpriteKit scene embedded inside a SwiftUI context.

I am trying to render a simple SKShapeNode like this:

import Foundation
import SpriteKit

class UIConnection: SKShapeNode {

override init() {
        super.init()
        self.fillColor = UIColor.clear
        self.strokeColor = UIColor.blue
        self.lineWidth = 0.01
    }

func updatePositions(node1 : CGPoint, node2 : CGPoint) {
        let path = CGMutablePath()
        path.move(to: node1)
        path.addLine(to: CGPoint(x: node1.x, y: node2.y))
        path.addLine(to: CGPoint(x: node2.x, y: node2.y))
        path.addLine(to: CGPoint(x: node2.x, y: node1.y))
        path.addLine(to: node1)
        self.path = path
    }

required init?(coder aDecoder: NSCoder) {
        super.init(coder: aDecoder)
    }
}

When I am adding that Node inside the standard SpriteKit game project template in XCode (without any SwiftUI things), everything is working fine, I get a non-filled rectangle with a blue outline. The frame.width and frame.height variables are valid pixel dimensions like 750 x 1334.

let node = UIConnection()
self.addChild(node)

node.updatePositions(node1: CGPoint(x: frame.midX-frame.width/4, y: frame.midY-frame.height/4), node2: CGPoint(x: frame.midX+frame.width/4, y: frame.midY+frame.height/4))

Now I want to embed the SKScene inside a SwiftUI context using this approach:

https://dev.to/sgchipman/using-spritekit-with-swiftui-ibc

First thing I encounter is the fact that frame.width and frame.height both result in a value of 1.

Adding the above node to the embedded SKScene results in an extremely blurred rectangle, so no solid line but some weird cloudy object.

Accepted Reply

Answering my own question: The view/scene had a size of 1x1 pixels stretched out, that was the root cause.

Replies

Answering my own question: The view/scene had a size of 1x1 pixels stretched out, that was the root cause.