How to use CFBundleDisplayName for Mac apps??

Hi,

So, CFBundleDisplayName works fine in iOS/iPadOS. But if I open the App on Mac, the name appears as the PRODUCT NAME in the top menubar. I don't want that.

Basically, I can't change the PRODUCT NAME of my App because of my Identifier (which handles users iCloud storage). So, any idea how can I can change that name on the top bar?

Thanks

Replies

You don't say what you're actually trying to accomplish. What about the user experience of your app do you want to change? (That is, why were you looking into changing CFBundleDisplay name in the first place? What were you trying to accomplish?)

Also, although by default the bundle ID is based on the PRODUCT_NAME, you can change that so the bundle ID doesn't change if/when you change the PRODUCT_NAME. Just edit the Info.plist for your app and set the bundle ID directly instead of having it depend on PRODUCT_NAME.

I already tried to change the info.plist's bundle display name. The name (within the window of the app) changes correctly, but not on the mac's top menubar (name of App).

If I change the info.plist's product name, I get an error saying my profile's id don't match since the Identifier's name is based on the product's name and that affects the profile I create based on that Identifier.

Any other solution? I really don't want to create a new Identifier just for this. Thanks