OS X app name wont show up

Anywhere that shows my app in OS X, such as under System Preferences, there is no name for the application, it's just blank. How do I get my applicaiton title to show up? I thought I had everything set correctly

Replies

Using macros, or hard wired....named Product, display, bundle name, etc.

The operating system caches lots of app information. You could have an old, corrupt version somewhere.

Run the following to check the database:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -dump

Look for a match to your bundle identifier. If you are really using "com.myapp.mycompany", then that is likely the problem. Don't use generic things like that because you could be fighting some other app from someone else you've downloaded 7 years ago. Use a real bundle identifier that no one else is going to use.

I am using an actual bundle identifier. I ran that command, what am I looking for exactly? My name shows up proprly for every field that is related to a name. I removed the item from Accessibility and added it back and it still doesn't show a name

Thanks!

Tried doing a 'clean build folder' via Xcode yet?

You are looking for differences between your app and a known, good app.

Check your localizations too. You could have a strings file with an empty field.

>Check your localizations too. You could have a strings file with an empty field.

That's a good tip 😉 John, and an easy mistake to make I think.

Ken