Swift Playgrounds Author Template for xcode

Hi guys,

the latest template from Apple (Swift Playgrounds Author Template for xcode 11.1) is not working and has not been updated for months.

Even with the release of Xcode 11.3 the template is not supported.

we are getting an error:

Module compiled with Swift 5.1 cannot be imported by the Swift 5.1.2 compiler: .....PlaygroundSupport.framework/Modules/PlaygroundSupport.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios.swiftmodule

any solutions?

thank you

Replies

You're right, I could not find a way to run this, whatever version of XCode I used. It is very unfortunate.

Message is slightly different, but same problem:

Module compiled with Swift 5.1 cannot be imported by the Swift 5.1.1 compiler: Swift_Playgrounds_Author_Template_for_Xcode_11.1/Template/SupportingContent/PlaygroundsFrameworks/iphonesimulator/PlaygroundSupport.framework/Modules/PlaygroundSupport.swiftmodule/x86_64-apple-ios-simulator.swiftmodule

Problem is PlaygroundSupport exec in PlaygroundSupport.framework

That's why we need urgently Swift birai API stability, promised a long time ago…

See also:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58654714/module-compiled-with-swift-5-1-cannot-be-imported-by-the-swift-5-1-2-compiler

I fear the best option is to file a bug report.

I finally found an XCode version that builds it: XCode 11.0 (specifically 11.0 GM2, build 11A420a). I could select the target LiveViewTest.app to launch in simulator.

Readme states:

The supporting content included with this template, including these frameworks, requires Xcode 11.1 to build. Attempting to use this template with another version of Xcode may result in build errors.

May be you can download this XCode 11.1 (reported as very buggy on the other hand) in download/More

You can download Xcode 11.1 to compile and run this template, but there is very little support for Swift Playground 3.1 in the template. I also encountered the same problem, I hope Apple can release Xcode 11.3 template as soon as possible.

Xcode 11.1 download:

https://developer.apple.com/download/more/?=xcode

Hello, I have just tried Swift Playgrounds Author Template and ran into this problem, with the same arm64-apple-ios.swiftmodule file.

Using Xcode Version 11.3.1 (11C505), and Swift Playgrounds Author Template for Xcode 11.3.xip dated Feb 12, 2020.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten this to work yet.

same problem here

Same problem in Xcode 11.4.1

> Module compiled with Swift 5.1 cannot be imported by the Swift 5.2.2 compiler

same problem with xcode 12.1(12A7403) and swift playground template author with date apr 21,2020 .
anyone can have solutions about this bug?

thanks