Promo code usage issue

We are facing issue with promo code redemption for our Approved app & getting below error "This code is for a version of an application that is not supported by your device" when we try to manually redeem promo code in App Store

Has anyone else faced similar issue?

Replies

>This code is for a version of an application that is not supported by your device"

Is this a question by you on what that verbiage means, or are you confused by something you believe does not apply to your app, or....?

Talk about what your app does, what iOS versions & devices it claims to support, what your testing parameters were...what you did, what you expected, how those differ - the more detail the better.

Same problem here when redeeming on iOS 13. It is not a new app, but an update to an existing app with the status "Pending Developer Release". App supports everything all the way up from iOS 10.

I have the same issue now. Although the iOS version of my decides is the latest (13.2.3), I couldn't solve it.

To make sure, I tried to use the promo code on iOS12 with creating a new Apple ID account, however it also didn't work.

That's weird.

Hello All,

Anybody able to pass through this problem? Any solution as of yet?

I have the same issue now too.

Same problem here when redeeming on iOS 13. It is not a new app, but an update to an existing app with the status "Pending Developer Release". App supports everything all the way up from iOS 9.

We are facing the same issue with one of our games updated on 21st November and is Pending Developer Release on 22nd November.

Regardless of device OS and multiple redeem codes generated, we see a pop-up, "This code is for a version of an application that is not supported by your device".

The game has been available for over 2 years now, and this is the 10th update we're making to it.

We made an update last week that was successful and did not have this problem.

Also having the exact same issue: "This code is for a version of an application that is not supported by your device". We also use promo codes to install the app when the app is "Pending Developer Release" and this is the first time in 2 years we have run into this.

My iPhone 7 has iOS 13.1.3. The OS is somewhat irrelevant though, since our app is targeting iOS 11.2, meaning the latest iOS should not be required on the device. Our build was made and submitted through Xcode 11.2.1

Fortunately it started working regularly again for me. No more error message.

Same set of generated promo code worked for me as well. Thanks for informing