Project won't build when signing enabled

I'm a new member to the paid program and in Xcode 11's preferences I have my Apple ID, my team (just me), and have four Certificates set up. 1) Apple Developement Certificate named My iMac with my Apple ID as creator, 2) Mac Development Certificate "Untitled" with my Apple ID as creator, 3) Mac App Distribution Certificate with no creator listed, and 4) Developer ID Application with my team name as creator.

My projects are plugins for Adobe Illustrator, so they're very simple.

• No app store -- people download from my site and place in Illustrator's Plug-ins folder
  • No ads
  • No in-app purchases
  • Not even a UI for this Mac app.
  • Just simple C++

I've tried every combination of settings under "Signing" there is, but every time the project fails to build. Using no code signing, it builds and runs, including under Catalina if I use xattr from the Terminal.

I know I have several steps ahead to get the code notarized, but there's nothing to notarize if I can't first build it. Do I need a special kind of certificate, made a specific way? Any guidance would be very much appreciated!

Replies

Have you tried to do an option-clean build folder ?

Building and signing are two different steps and different operations. It sounds like you are just picking the wrong signing certificate. The “Mac App” stuff is for the Mac App Store.