Can't run Xcode after 15.1 update

Just updated Catalina to 15.1, kind of wish I had stuck with Mohave. Now XCode, v11 I think, won't run, chokes on installing components. Looks like there's a problem with the file MobileDevice.pkg:

Generic message for error: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=102 "The package “MobileDevice.pkg” is untrusted."

and

UserInfo={SecTrustResult=5, PKTrustLevel=PKTrustLevelExpiredCertificate, NSLocalizedFailureReason=CSSMERR_TP_CERT_EXPIRED}

I tried to download 11.2 and reinstall but after close to an hour the download finished and complained it couldn't install just now.

Anyone have any insight / suggestions?

Accepted Reply

I had a bit more than 50 GBs available so should have been enough. I think the 15.1 update didn'tupdate XCode, whether it should have or not is beyond me, but it left it in a lousy state which required reoving it to update it.

As far as closing a thread, not sure how one goes about doing that but if it involves marking a response as the correct on, I will mark this one, I guess.

-- Mark

Replies

Probably you did: did you restart Mac after closing XCode ?

How much free space on your boot drive?

As per elsewhere here, I moved my XCode install to the Trash and the ran the download from the App store. This time it seems to have installed okay and is installing additional components now. Thanks for the responses, looks like it is all good now but what an annoyance, guess I'm not getting anything done today.

-- Mark

I tried to download 11.2 and reinstall but after close to an hour the download finished and complained it couldn't install just now.

You probably could not install because of insufficient space. As KMT asked, how much space did you have ?

ANyway, don't forget to close the thread now everything is working.

I had a bit more than 50 GBs available so should have been enough. I think the 15.1 update didn'tupdate XCode, whether it should have or not is beyond me, but it left it in a lousy state which required reoving it to update it.

As far as closing a thread, not sure how one goes about doing that but if it involves marking a response as the correct on, I will mark this one, I guess.

-- Mark

> not sure how one goes about doing that

Looks like you figured it out, mostly - details here:For Best Results - Read the Label