app store rejection due to Guideline 3.2.2 - Business - Other Business Model Issues - Unacceptable

Hello guys, I am developing an app for a client and when I submitted the app for app store review Apple team rejected the app for the following reason:

Guideline 3.2.2 - Business - Other Business Model Issues - Unacceptable

The primary purpose of your app is to encourage users to perform marketing-oriented tasks, which is not appropriate for the App Store.

Next Steps

We encourage you to review your app concept and incorporate different content and features that are in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

I will explain my app:

my client work with many clothing brands, the app is destinated for influencers (Instagrammers, YouTubers ....) to create a profile in the app and create wishlists of products from the brands' webs sites. When the followers of the influencer click on a product they are redirected to the brand web site and if he makes a purchase the product is tracked and the influencer gets commission price on the purchase amount. The influencer has his statistics dashboard that can follow his revenues.

can anyone have faced a similar issue? thank you for your help!

Replies

That sounds like a web site. Just do that.

I need a mobile app the client has already a web site, is there a way to not give up a 6 months of work and publish the app ?

Apple has rejected the app - not just the app but the very concept of the app. As a consultant, it is your responsibility to advise your clients about potential issues like this. Make sure they are aware of the risks. Make sure you get paid regardless.

>I need a mobile app the client has already a web site

Keeping in mind that app review typically stops on the first rejection they find, in this case 3.2.2, as John notes the app seems doomed on additional grounds. See the ASRGs 4.2 Minimum Functionality

>is there a way to not give up a 6 months of work

An initial meeting with your client that included covering the entire ASRGs may have helped avoid such situations. Now you know...welcome to the App Store.

I see !

Thank you John for your reply.

Do you think if I add more features and transform the app to an influencers' social network but still include the marketing feature Apple can accept it?

Only Apple can decide whether to approve an app or not.

I would caution you against pursuing this. Did you submit the app under your client's Apple account or under your Apple account? That might not matter. Either way, this rejection is associated with your account. If you continue making attempts to submit the app under slight changes, you are putting your entire developer account, and perhaps your livelihood, at risk. Apple could decide that you are just a scammer and kick you out of the developer program.