Could not find module for target 'x86_64-apple-ios-simulator'; found: arm64, armv7-apple-ios, arm64-apple-ios, arm, armv7

I have build a custom framework and everything was working fine until the update of XCode 11. The new XCode 11 released and we now I am unable to run my Custom Framework into a project in Simulator. I always get this error

Could not find module 'CustomFrameworkName' for target 'x86_64-apple-ios-simulator'; found: arm64, armv7-apple-ios, arm64-apple-ios, arm, armv7

Can someone please let me know how to fix this error. I have already tried adding the framework and tried running the same in a different project however I am not able to fix this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of cbgcbfd Down vote post of cbgcbfd
85k views
  • I had to clean the project and build it again.

Add a Comment

Replies

Looks like your framework was built for arm64 and you want to use for X86.

Try to check your project has

x86
and
x86_64
set as valid architectures so you can build for the simulator.

Should read this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56957632/could-not-find-module-for-target-x86-64-apple-ios-simulator

This fixed my problem:
On build settings select YES on "Always embed swift standard libraries"
  • Worked for me as well! Thank!

Especially if you have a bunch of targets (e.g. tests or anything) check that all of them has "Always embed swift standard libraries" set to YES.

Add a Comment
set "Build Active Architure Only" to Yes solve my problem
Bumping the iOS version in Deployment Info to from 9.0 to 12.0 fixed it for me

I have the same problem while building on M1. Just because I used this : pod "GoogleMobileAdsMediationFacebook" pod 'GoogleMobileAdsMediationAppLovin', anyone can explain why ?

Today I solved this error on our app for library 'CodableWrappers' and this solved my problem:

• close XCode
  • open Finder app and show there "Applications"
  • right click on icon Xcode and click on "Get info" (or something similar)
  • there is checkbox "Open with Rosseta" (or something similar). Select it
  • run Xcode again and try to build

I hope it help you.

• In my case with my m1 processor it worked perfect, thanks

• it saved my life. it worked with m1 also. thanks.

• Didn't work for our team's m1 machine with RealmSwift

Hello @ludvik.polak

I am not able to the checkbox for "Open with Rosseta" Could you just help me out with an alternate process for the same my xcode version - 12.5.1

now in Xcode 13.3 after opening with Rosetta project can not be build, it was canceled every time, hate Xcode very simple bad bugs everytime

Apple does not give a duck about developers. Their tools are ugly and bugs are never fixed. The business is focused on making revenue selling the phones, and no one wants to spend resources making developer tools decent

I was running Version 14.0.1 (14A400), I tried the building with targets above, I ended up changing the "Build Active Architectures Only" setting to No for each of the pod targets (and main target) which seemed to fix it, again it was only an issue on the sim. I believe it has something to do with the Apple Silicone changes.

• it works for me. xcode version 14.1

Add a Comment

In my case, I have added test target after the pod init, install etc.. And I saw, adding test target block in podfile solved my problem.

Example;

target 'SampleProject' do
  # Comment the next line if you don't want to use dynamic frameworks
  use_frameworks!

# Pods for SampleProject

target 'SampleProjectTests' do
    inherit! :search_paths
    # Pods for testing
  end
end