App crashes after macOS 10.15 Beta 7

After updating to macOS 10.15 Beta 7 my macOS App using SwiftUI crashes immediately. Same behavior with both Xcode Beta 6 and Xcode Beta 7. I've tried clearing derived data, etc.

The runtime error is:

dyld: Symbol not found: _$s7SwiftUI7BindingVyxGSkAASMRzSkRzSH5IndexSlRpzlMc

Has anyone run into this?

Replies

I ran into something very similar. In my case, the symbol was "_$…SwiftUI7Binding…value…". The symbol still shows up in the module, so I'm not sure why it was crashing, but I changed all instances of Binding.value to Binding.wrappedValue, and that seems to have resolved that particular issue (there are a bunch of other new bugs, though).

Your symbol however seems a bit different; I'm not sure how "Index" relates to Binding.

Thanks for the response and idea! I tried changing all my uses of `$someBinding.value` -> `someBinding` but still no luck 😟 (I needed to do that anyway).

I'm not sure where Index is coming from either. There is the `Binding: Sequence`, etc stuff that was removed, but I don't think I'm using it anywhere (no deprecation warnings) in Xcode. I do use ForEach pretty heavily, but I think that's pretty common.

Hi,

Same kind of things here :

Dyld Error Message:

Symbol not found: _$s7SwiftUI7BindingV5valuexvg

Referenced from: /Users/USER/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/FOF-gzpghppovzhnnjcdnveubzstkljj/Build/Intermediates.noindex/Previews/CryptiK/Products/Debug/CryptiK.app/Contents/MacOS/CryptiK

Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/SwiftUI.framework/Versions/A/SwiftUI

I suppose that the macOS beta and the Xcode toolchain is not in sync

macos : 10.15 Beta (19A546d)

xcode : Version 11.0 beta 6 (11M392r)

I am going to try to change the way I use bindings...

Regards

Gerard

That's the exact crash I was getting … changing references of `Binding.value` to `Binding.wrappedValue` fixed it for me.

Note that I don't think your toolchain is out of sync. The latest release of Xcode should have been labeled 'beta7', but shows up as 'beta6' in the app (Version 11.0 beta 6 (11M392r)). Apple has yet to acknowledge this *****-up, but the latest download does seem to be the correct one for the latest beta7 macOS 10.15 Beta (19A546d).

Interesting, thanx 🙂

In fact in my code I removed the reference to the binding to just use the value from the environementObject I use in my View.

Because of the naming error of the Beta, even with the right build number, I was suspicious.

How did you changed your code? I have the same error and I'm not able to build due to the above mentioned error.

I have a collection of Identifiables and self.$myCollection[0] gives me the error

Hi,

To me it looks like Apple released the wrong version of Xcode. The Xcode-beta.app in the Xcode_11_Beta_7.xip still shows the Version 11.0 beta 6 (11M392r) in the about dialog. And the build number is almost the same as beta 6 11M392q vs 11M392r. Usually I would expect a bigger version jump.

And beta 6 and 7 share the same bugs. For example a macOS playground will freeze Xcode.

ObservedObject is crashing. And there are two ways I know to workaround it:

1. Replace ObservedObject with EnvironmentObject
2. In case you have a @Published objects that are also and @ObservableObject, flatten it following the sample code available at:
"Several extensions to the Binding structure are removed. (51624798)" https://developer.apple.com/documentation/macos_release_notes/macos_catalina_10_15_beta_7_release_notes

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode_release_notes/xcode_11_beta_7_release_notes

Known Issues

Xcode 11 beta 7 incorrectly reports as beta 6 on the welcome screen. (54795525)

That aside, I am finding that the preview canvas for SwiftUI in beta 7 is incredibly unstable and is constantly crashing.