iOS beta 13.1 and Xcode 11 beta 7??

OK, so it's odd that iOS 13.1 beta is out before iOS 13 ships but can understand why that might happened. However, my iOS 13 beta 8 device is showing it as an upgrade. I would assume if I upgraded, I wouldn't then be able to get future iOS 13 beta and GM. That is weird. It's also not clear if I'll get them anyway (at least via software update) since iOS 13.1 is a higher version than the next iOS 13 beta. No idea what will happen.

What is more confusing is that I downloaded Xcode beta 7. It has a date of 8/22 which seems rather old. When you run it, it says it's beta 6 (11M392r). On the developer page, beta 7 lists itself as beta 7 (11M392r).

I assume this is all just a mixup but not sure what is real and what isn't at this point.

Replies

Wanna know what else is odd? b7 makes mention of ipadOS.

But yes, looks to be yet another mixup on the backend.

Same

Download page: Xcode 11 beta 7 -- 11M392r

Locally: Xcode 11 beta 6 --11M392r

and when I run the simulator I see 13.0 (17A5565b)

I'm also seeing the Xcode 11 beta 7 show up as beta 6 in the About Xcode box: Version 11.0 beta 6 (11M392r)

The date on the xip file in the Finder is "yesterday" which would be August 27.

The date on the expanded app bundle in the Finder is "Thursday, August 22, 2019 at 2:49 PM". I believe that's the same day beta 6 was released if I remember correctly. Did the wrong version get compressed and distributed?

Same problem for me. I downloaded Beta 7 and is saying Beta 6 when I click `About xCode`.

I'm wondering if Beta 8 will be beta 7 and so on...

Not only does it say Beta 6. It does not support IOS 13.1 devices.

So if your beta device updated to 13.1, it cannot be debugged with xCode. Or can it be?

>So if your beta device updated to 13.1, it cannot be debugged with xCode. Or can it be?

It can be debugged that's the odd part.