Network Extension error creating TUN/TAP interface SIOCGIFMTU failed: device not configured

Currently working on a Network Extension that lets me stablish a connection using a .ovpn file using a library. I have saved correcly my configuration to the System settings and when running the extension to perform debug my extension status changes from disconnected, stays in connecting for a while and then disconnects. Further inspecting the console logs for the device anf filtering by the network extension I get three main error messages.

Log message from provider: TUN Error: cannot acquire tun interface socket
SIOCGIFMTU failed: Device not configured
NEVirtualInterfaceAdjustReadBufferSize: interface_get_mtu failed (6), defaulting to max mtu

Accepted Reply

Okay I managed to solve this on my own. I created a Packet Tunnel Network Extension and in my PacketTunnelProvider class came the problems. It did not crash so setting up the debugger in that class was not worth it. I ran my target and started my app and set several NSLogs in the functions so I could see in the device's console what was happening. My problem was that I tried to set a nil value in a dictionary for a key thus terminating the extension. That crash message can easily be seen in the console.

Replies

Okay I managed to solve this on my own. I created a Packet Tunnel Network Extension and in my PacketTunnelProvider class came the problems. It did not crash so setting up the debugger in that class was not worth it. I ran my target and started my app and set several NSLogs in the functions so I could see in the device's console what was happening. My problem was that I tried to set a nil value in a dictionary for a key thus terminating the extension. That crash message can easily be seen in the console.